Monday, January 26, 2009

Raw Days 6-8

No, dear readers, I have not failed to update because I have stopped eating raw foods! I have just been busy! No, I'm happy to report that I have not backslid at all, even when at a regular restaurant I was pretty good! Saturday I went to Magdalenas Tea House in Lansing. I will write a separate blog about that! I saw Defiance too, what a great movie! Kind of long and depressing at times, but overall, a good message about not losing your humanity when you are being treated unfairly. I really enjoyed it. I didn't eat much that day because I was busy. Just had a smoothie, and than ate a lot at the raw food restaurant. Than Sunday I went to Zerbo's after I made a smoothie at home, and bought another gnostic chocolate bar to keep me from splurging at the auto show when I got hungry. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to Zerbo's again before they closed since it was Sunday, and I would be forced to go out to eat in downtown Detroit after the auto show. Sooo, that would be a long time with no food! So I bought a salad and raw sandwich (no bread, just lettuce) at Zerbo's so I would have food later. At Fishbones in Detroit I just had sushi, and water! The rice was probably the worst thing I had. One roll was cucumber and avocado and the other was salmon. Only, I thought it was salmon MEAT not EGGS. I figured I am not eating meat right now, and I really don't know what I'm doing to make sure I'm getting enough protein, so having fish while I'm out once wouldn't throw my raw food trial off. Turns out it was EGGS. Salmon EGGS. Eww. I even asked the waitress what it was first, and she did not say it was eggs. So, Salmon Roe apparently means Salmon eggs. I hated how they burst into my mouth with each bite. ugh. I think I'll stick with fruits and vegetables. So gross! But the rest of the food was good. I wasn't even tempted to eat the normal food at the table. In fact, it seemed like poison to me since I felt SO GOOD! I woke up early, and was in the best mood all day! How could I eat rolls and bread with butter after feeling so good?! I watched as the person I went to the auto show with had to drink coffee with all kinds of sugar and cream to wake up-and I was soo wide awake without anything! That was inspiration enough to keep me from eating bad food. The gnostic chocolate bar also kept me from being tempted at the auto show! Thank goodness for that chocolate! Although later on that night when my friend was eating leftovers it did smell good!I had my salad from earlier at Zerbo's though, and the cravings went away. I think the key to raw food is to ALWAYS be prepared with GOOD raw food so you won't be tempted. It's tough to plan ahead like that, but well worth the extra effort! Today I went to Red Pepper Deli in Northville and got the raw taco with guacomole. I will be trying the redwich sandwich later on tonight. I was in such a good mood today and in 8 days I have lost SEVEN LBS!!!!

No comments: