Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 4 and Red Pepper Deli in Northville

Ok, so it's actually day 5 but I didn't get a chance to update yesterday! I was still down three lbs yesterday. Yay. Kind of happy I didn't lose more. I don't want to lose weight TOO quickly, or too much. I also was unable to sleep in! After 8 hours my body wanted to get up and moving! I'm not sure if it's from the raw food or the MMS miracle, or maybe it's both, but I'm not complaining! (usually on raw foods I feel tired-but I must be doing something right this time) My mom and I were going to try a raw food recipe from my new book but she felt the same way I did. Oh, that would be good but....I don't want to get those ingredients. Oh, a dehydrator? Forget it! lol I think she had to go take a nap after reading through the books. So, I feel good it's not just me. And I think after FOUR attempts at going raw, I finally WANT to make the recipes and I'm not so intimidated by them. But, I decided not to make anything because we spent so much time going over recipes I barely had any time to even make anything, let alone go to the store and get the ingredients. So, I went to Red Pepper Deli in Northville, MI. (read my older blog post for directions and times: (http://michiganrawfoodblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/moving.html) I am SO glad I went. I haven't been in awhile because last time I did, I got into an argument with the person I was with. Mainly, because they didn't want to spend the money on "that kind of food."(which is crazy, because it's wonderful food-but some people just don't get raw food yet!) They were making a VERY embarassing scene about it, and I'm not one to sit by and tolerate when someone is acting like an idiot. Sigh. It was pretty bad. They were not rude to me at all, and didn't make me feel bad about the last experience. I hope it was different people, but if it wasn't and they remembered me, you couldn't tell. In fact, they treated me as if I was writing a story on their restaurant-but I don't think they knew who I was! Very helpful, and they made sure I loved the food! I would recommend the place just for the customer service! I ordered something that had bread on it, and the guy making it asked me if their raw bread was ok. I thought their raw bread meant sprouted bread, and I said I didn't want any bread. I was feeling kind of stupid for being picky at a raw food restaurant, but he didn't make me feel bad at all! Turns out it was dehydrated bread!! I was so excited they had dehydrated bread-and even MORE excited it tasted GOOD!! I also had to switch some of the dairy in the smoothie to almond milk. Again, I didn't even ask they asked me what I wanted just to make sure, and didn't even care how picky I was! This is one restaurant where a raw foodist does not have to feel like an outcast! lol On to to the fun part- I ordered a purple passion smoothie! It had raspberries, blueberries, coconut, almond milk, and maple syrup! So good! When I first drank out of it my tongue got stuck on the straw's suction (that sounds so bad lol) and I made a funny face. They asked me if everything was ok, and I had to reassure them that the smoothie was really good (despite my silly face lol) Than I took home a bunch of food so I wouldn't have to go back out again the next day. I got raw tacos for dinner. They were really good too! It was some kind of walnut meat and spices mix on lettuce wraps. Than I had a cheesecake that was, in my opinion, better than the real thing! For today I have a portabello mushroom sandwich. It's on dehydrated bread! I snuck a piece of the bread, and I'm happy to say it's very good (and I'm very picky about dehydrated breads!) I recommend if you get mushrooms you eat it that day though, because they go bad kind of quickly. Whoops. My mistake, not theirs! I got some nori rolls and a salad that I haven't tried yet, but I'll let you guys know how that is too today! I'm guessing if it's anything like their other food it will be good! I definitely recommend Red Pepper Deli! Oh, and another thing-they have all kinds of raw food books you can read while you wait for your food. I ended up spending around $46 for four entrees, and two pies. Not bad, considering all the food is made fresh and with really good, healthy ingredients! Not sure if it's all organic-I should ask next time I go!

No comments: