Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Eliminating Negativity

I don't know where you are today, but man, it's been cloudy and depressing out all day! I've noticed a lot of people in a very bad mood today, but I'm not going to let it bring me down! I think that yeah, it's cloudy, but it's also warmer! NO reason to be so cranky people :) Vitamin D3 is excellent for getting that "sunshine" effect. When I take it, it's like it's a sunny day for me EVERY day! I love the stuff-it makes me so happy I feel giggly! Yes, I said giggly!

I spoke to someone today (hi Mike, hope you get to check out my blog!) about changing your mindset and not allowing other people's negativity get you down. I think this is SO important. You NEED to learn how to block out other people's negativity when you are trying to change your eating habits, or if you are trying to accomplish anything really!!

Some great ways to change your thinking:

1. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) A very easy, fast way to take away the EMOTIONAL hurt in your life. It doesn't make you forget the emotions, it just makes them less intense. I don't know about you, but I definitely eat unhealthy foods when I'm upset! So, this has been a huge lifesaver for me! http://www.tapping.com/ is a great site to get started on learning this easy technique.

2. Surround yourself with positive people only! I don't care if this means staying away from family or even your best friends! You can only do so much for them! If they are negative, they are PHYSICALLY and EMOTIONALLY HURTING you. Even if they are friends or family!! I wish more people understood that you are not obligated to put up with someone's negative behavior, just because you love or care about them! You are doing them a favor in the long run by setting your boundaries. Some great ways to meet some positive people? Meetup.com!!! I also want to add, that you shouldn't just push people out of your life right away-I only meant people that you continually try to tell how you feel, and that continue to not listen to you or respect your feelings! I believe in giving people a chance and discussing things first-BUT there is only so much you can do with certain people!

3. Shielding. What does this mean? It is very simple-putting up a mental boundary around your body. We are energy and we are surrounded by energy! You don't have to understand how this works, just know that it is true. With Quantum physics progressing so rapidly, we are beginning to even understand this. How to shield? I love to either just imagine (after doing deep breathing for a few minutes to get relaxed-it helps if you SMILE also while you do this. A smile changes your mindset automatically) and imagining I have a shield around me, and I also have been adding lately mirrors. Why mirrors? If someone is trying to harm you, their negativity will reflect off of you and onto them! That is how the universe works-whatever you put out there, comes back to you. By visualizing these images in your mind, you are simply reminding yourself that no one's negativity can harm you, unless you LET it! You are reminding yourself that whatever someone tries to do you, ultimately comes back to them!


That's all I can think of for now, but I guarantee if you start doing these things you will notice a difference in your willpower and your mood.

The key, and this a HUGE thing that I learned the hard way-if you see positive results, you must do this on a continuous basis. I would get good results, but not continue to do the work. It doesn't work that way though-you have to make this a regular and DAILY habit, or it is all too easy to allow negativity back in your life! One little bit of negativity can spiral out of control. This must be a constant effort-but believe me, after awhile it does not feel like work at all, but rather a joy!!!!

No comments: