Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dr. Oz is jumping on the raw food bandwagon!

I love watching the Dr. Oz show. I feel like he reads my blog to get ideas sometimes (ha, yeah right.) because we agree on so much. I'm not naive though, and I know he has a lot of pharmaceutical sponsors and he even supports soy milk, which has so much controversial information. I think it's best to just stay away from soy. I wish he would recommend something like coconut milk, almond milk (although these have carageean in them sometimes, which is horrible for the skin) or even hemp milk. Oh, well. I know from working in the TV industry that it's almost impossible to not have to sell your soul a little bit, and if that's what he has to do in order to get most of his messages of good things out there, than oh well. For the most part, I think the good outweighs the bad. It's kind of frustrating how everybody just believes what he says to things I've been saying for years. I know, I know, I'm not a doctor (although hey, doctors have very little nutritional classes also so they aren't exactly experts in that area either!) I never profess to know more than a doctor, but I do go by common sense and read other people's research to make decisions! I'm not blaming doctors, they are too busy to constantly study nutrition. They are there to TREAT, not cure (although I think this model is wrong, that is the way it is set up) Many wish they could prevent, but most people wouldn't take their advice anyways. You really need to look out for yourself in the case of prevention, until things change. Anyways, for more info. on his raw food challenge go to Dr. Oz's website.

No comments: