Monday, August 17, 2009

5 HTP update, and Cold Water Therapy...

The 5 HTP made me feel GREAT for the first 3 days, and then the 4th and 5th day I felt awful. I mean, all I wanted to do was sleep the day away awful. Hmmm. I did some research and read that after 5 days you take a break for 2, and then do it again. Also, you have to feel worse before you get better. I'm not really sure what to believe, so I'm going to give it a couple of days break and see if that helps. I'm not ready to give up on it just yet, as I don't expect miracles in less than a week. So, we will see.

I also read that taking a cold shower is really good for you mood! Who knew?! I always take HOT showers, which I know can dry your skin out, but had no idea cold showers could help my mood! If you have blood pressure problems, or you are really underweight you need to be careful with cold water, but here's the general way to do it: take a regular shower at lukewarm. Than when you are used to it, step outside the shower and turn all the heat off. Make it around 68 degrees (how you can tell that from your shower I don't know, but maybe you will!) and then put your feet in first, than your hands, and then stand completely under the water for about 40 seconds to a minute. I guess you can do longer the more you get used to it.

Some reported benefits-enhanced immune system, better mood, and softer skin/hair/stronger nails.

I started back up at the gym so it will be easy to want to take more than one shower a day, and also even cold water (I hate cold water, but after working out it feels good.)Soo, I didn't notice a huge result but I did accomplish a lot today so maybe that is something? I hope the cold water therapy works-after all, it's free (even saves you on hot water costs!) and seems pretty simple!

No comments: